Tuesday 24 April 2012

On placement ...

I am on a work placement in a nursing home called Vetleflaten, I am learning a lot from the staff and residents at the home and really enjoying the experience of working abroad.  The language barrier can be difficult at times but I am now picking up Norwegian words and phrases and finding communication with the residents easier every day.  The scenery in Voss, the town we are living in, is very picturesque and it is a very peaceful place to live.  I have visited two schools nearby and enjoyed being shown around the different classes by pupils at these schools, we did lots of fun activites on the Open Days there, including making oragami frogs! (Pictured above)  I hope to visit Bergen on Monday and see what sights a larger city here has to offer. 

Joanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment