Thursday 26 April 2012

Plei

For 4 days I worked in a small, computer based shop called 'Plei'. They had 3 employees,  Per Arne - the manager, Kristina - who did the administration, and Kenneth, who was a sort of apprentice. They were all lovely and welcoming, and explained to me how the business worked. They wanted me to act as a 'graphic designer' in a way, and to help them with designing their brochures, leaflets, business cards etc. I really enjoyed my time there and learnt a great deal. They seemed happy with my work.

 On my last day they decided they wanted me to come up with their timeline picture on their Facebook page. They gave me their (very fancy) camera and asked me to go around Voss and take some nice pictures of the town and the landscape, and then I would incorporate their logo into the photo. I walked around for nearly 2 hours taking pictures of the snowy mountains, the lake and the town. I absolutely loved it! When I came back, Kristina and I looked through the photos, and decided on one to use. I then edited the photo slightly on Photoshop to bring out the colours, and then integrated their logo into the photo.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plei/197844723272 - here is the link if you'd like to see it!

I really did enjoy it and will definitely go back and visit them before we go back to Shetland! :)

Linsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment